You may have overheard family, friends or strangers speaking about clear aligners, or maybe you’ve seen an ad somewhere.
Well, clear aligners are a revolutionary treatment that use a series of clear aligner trays to straighten teeth into the desired positions.
Your best smile may start with clear aligners, and the best way to find out is a complimentary orthodontic consultation with the friendly team at Zen Dental Studio in Brisbane.
To find out about the clear aligner process, the benefits, and how long you can expect your treatment to go for, read on.
What is the clear aligner process?
Your clear aligner journey begins with an initial consultation at Zen Dental Studio where we will examine your dental health and decide whether clear aligner trays are suitable for you or not.
If clear aligners are suitable, we will take fast, accurate, and precise 3D scans of your mouth using a scanner. These scans will be sent to the laboratory where your custom clear aligners will be fabricated.
Once we receive your aligners back at our clinic, you will be asked to come back in to receive your first three sets of aligners. Our team will make sure they fit correctly and provide you with more information about your treatment.
You will be required to visit every six weeks to receive another three sets of aligners.
What orthodontic issues can clear aligners fix?
Clear aligners can fix mild to moderate issues of the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Open bite
An orthodontist is the best person to consult, as they will know if clear aligners can help give you a straighter smile, otherwise traditional metal braces may be for you.
What are the benefits of clear aligners?
Clear aligners has many benefits over other forms of orthodontic treatment, including:
- Virtually invisible: Clear aligners are made from the material SmartTrack, which is clear plastic.
- Removable: Clear aligners are removable and must be removed for eating, drinking anything other than water, and you can even remove them for special photographs!
- Comfortable: Clear aligners are far more comfortable, gentle and inflict less discomfort and pain over traditional braces.
- No bulky wires or brackets: Clear aligner trays don’t use any pesky brackets or wires. This also means your soft tissue shouldn’t suffer much pain at all since there are no sharp braces components.
- No dietary restrictions: Since clear aligners are removable, you must remove your aligners for eating and drinking, which means you can eat whatever you like. However, you should avoid high-sugary, acidic and damaging foods for your dental health.
How long should clear aligners be worn for?
You must wear your aligners for 22 hours per day, with two hours set aside for eating, drinking, and having a rest.
Each individual aligner tray should be worn for two weeks, and then swapped out for the following sequential aligner.
And regarding the longevity of your treatment, this differs per patient. However, you can expect to use clear aligners for as little as six months, all the way up to 24 months.
Contact Zen Dental Studio for clear aligner treatment
For more information regarding clear aligners, please contact our friendly team with any questions or book in for an appointment by clicking here.